Who We Are
onestoponlinetutor is an online tutoring platform offering students and tutors an interactive online classroom with collaborative tools to enhance learning. Our ultimate goal is to provide a one stop platform covering all subjects with the best tutoring experience for our community and integrate technology to enhance learning.
How to Reach Us
Data We Receive or Collect
Upon registering with onestoponlinetutor and when using our platform, we collect some personal information about you such as the following:
• Your name, email address and contact information
• A unique password that is required for accessing your account
• Other optional information
• Payment information (credit card information) if you choose to use the services through our platform.
We may collect additional information from you in the future, such as your address, bank account information or identification number when necessary to facilitate payment and to comply with related legal obligations. Any information combined with personal information will be treated as personal information.
Cookies & Other Technology
When you visit our platform, we may place “cookies” on your computer to recognize you. Cookies are commonly used and most web browsers are configured by default to accept cookies automatically. We do this to store your preferences, collect statistical data and track your use of our platform. If you choose not to accept cookies, you may adjust and configure your browser settings accordingly. Note that by switching off cookies, or by not accepting cookie request, some features and services on the Platform may not function optimally. It is a common practice to place cookies on your computer to track your activities so that companies can display accurately targeted advertisements.
When We May Disclose Personal Information
1. when you explicitly consent to the disclosure of such information to a third-party when connecting to a third-party service that request for you to consent to such sharing;
2. when we are legally required to do so, in response any to legal proceeding, to establish, protect, exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or demands.
3. if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property or personal safety of any person or any activity that involve abuse of the platform infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks and attempts to compromise the security of the website infrastructure or the platform in general);
4. to a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures or other companies under common control with onestoponlinetutor;
5. if this information is not private, is aggregated or is otherwise non-personal information, such as your public user profile information and related public data or the number of users who clicked on a particular link.
We may disclose information to our employees, professional advisers, suppliers or service providers to facilitate the functioning of our platform or to perform tasks that are essential to our platform, including but not limited to, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, and/or providing support services or other tasks. Information may also be transferred from onestoponlinetutor to the third-party advertising companies, analytics providers and other vendors in control of the overlapping platforms, but only to the extent required for the site to function properly.
Safeguarding Your Information
We ensure our customers that appropriate security safeguards are in place to protect personal information against unauthorized access, misuse, disclosure, copying, use, alteration, accidental loss or theft and destruction or damage.
We store all the personal information you provide on our secured (password-protected and firewall-protected) servers. All electronic financial transactions entered into our website will be protected by encryption technology. By using the platform, you acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure. Hence, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. It is your responsibility to safekeep your password for our website.
Special Care for Children: Our Platform is for public use and it is general-audience in nature. It is not intended for individuals younger than the age of thirteen (13) unless with parental consent and supervision.
Respecting Your Rights
We allow our customers the right to access their personal information. Customers may access their personal information by using their respective username and password.
This may be subject to a charge permitted by applicable law. You can also seek assistance from us to correct or erase that information. Please note that certain personal information may need to be retained by onestoponlinetutor for a period of time following the cancellation of your account where necessary for business purposes or required or authorized by applicable law. As mentioned above, you have a right to change to your preferred email associated to your account at any time.
If your personal information related to the platform usage changes or if you no longer desire to use us the platform, you may correct, update or remove your personal data at the member information page or by emailing our team.
One Stop Online Tutor uses Stripe & Paypal platform for all our payments. We choose to use both of these platforms to make the safest transaction for all our students.